Is your home safe for your family? Here are the top 10 tips from the Home Safety Council to protect you and the people you love!
- Install grab bars in the tub and shower. Use non-slip mats.
- Have bright lights over stairs and steps and on landings. Keep stairs clear of clutter.
- Keep cleaners, medications and beauty products in a place where children can’t reach them. Use child safety locks.
- For Poison Help call 1-800-222-1222. Call if you need help or want information about poisons. Call 9-1-1 if someone needs to go to the hospital right away.
Prevent Fires & Burns
- Have working smoke alarms and hold fire drills. If you build a new home, install fire sprinklers.
- Stay by the stove when cooking, especially when you are frying food.
- Keep your hot water at 120?F degrees to prevent burns. Use back burners and turn pot handles toward the back of your stove. Use a travel mug when you drink something hot.
Prevent Choking & Suffocation
- Things that can fit through a toilet paper tube can cause a young child to choke. Keep coins, latex balloons and hard round foods, such as peanuts and hard candy where children cannot see or touch them.
- Place babies to sleep on their backs, alone in their crib. Don’t put pillows, blankets, comforters or toys in cribs. These things can sometimes keep a baby from breathing.
- When your children are in or near water, watch them very carefully. Stay close enough to reach out and touch them. This includes bathtubs, toilets, pools and spas – even buckets of water.
For more safety tips, visit our website at http://www.xpressprotection.com. Call us for a FREE, no obligation safety review for your home or business at 480-213-7856. Your safety is our priority!